Friday, February 22, 2013

New Model announcement: AMC1280USB

Hi everybody.

I'm pleased to announce that I have a new AMC motion controller available now called AMC1280USB.

It runs with the same features of the AMC644USB plus some extra features and easier accessible ports. Its built around the ATmega1280 microcontroller that leaves enough extra ports for features like 6 true PWM channels for smaller DC motor 6DOF models and many extra features still to be announced.

As the ATmega1280 is surface mount part I decided to use a arduino mega as base although I don't use the arduino libraries or bootloader at all. Actually I have to remove the DTR signal from the arduino board as its not needed with my bootloader and causes unnecessary resets when you open the com port from any motion software.

Here are some photos of it:











And here is the newer version of 6DOF extension board for VFD inverters that is also in production right now.



More technical details will be announced soon as well the support files library in the "projects" page.


Thanos
2013

  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Thanos,
    Always impressive and what the quality of the pcb !!
    Impatient watching your new 6 dof extension board with profesional quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vic Alsace,

    I'm trying my best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi where can i get a board from and how much do they cost

    ReplyDelete